Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Backdoor Steak House in Blair

If you ever have an opportunity to visit scenic Altus, Oklahoma, make sure you drive about 10 miles north of town to Blair so you can eat at the Backdoor Steak House. I asked the hotel clerk when I checked in where the best steak in Altus was, and she directed me to the Backdoor in Blair. I was NOT disappointed.

I consider myself to be a bit of a steak connoisseur, and without a doubt the ribeye at Backdoor is one of the best I've ever tasted. Last night I had the fried pickles as an appetizer, so I just ordered a 10 oz ribeye, but it was plenty of food. Rich and flavorful, I'd love to know what seasonings and marinade they use in their ribeye. Generally when I eat a steak out at a restaurant, I realize that the steaks we cook at home are usually better. Not so with this steak from Backdoor.

You can bet I'll be back again-- with the family! :-)

1 comment:

James said...

After my first dinner at the Backdoor Steak House, I've discovered I can't go to Altus without going to Blair at some point. Definitely a great place in a great town.